Car Inspection Repair Philadelphia
A bad car inspection sticker can lead to needless legal trouble and wasted money; however, making the necessary repairs to pass inspection can be cost-prohibitive as well. When you’re faced with having to make costly repairs in order pass inspection, you need to hire an experienced, honest and reputable auto mechanic. There are numerous types of issues that can lead to a failed automotive inspection. If you need affordable and reputable auto repairs in Philadelphia, call US Auto Repair or stop by our auto repair shop. We offer free, no-obligation estimates on all repairs and the most affordable pricing in the area.
Common Causes of Failed Auto Inspection
While each driver’s situation is different, some of the more common causes of auto inspection include, but are not limited to:
- Air to fuel mixture may be incorrect.
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve may be malfunctioning or missing
- Vacuum leak present
- Exhaust Gas Re-Circulation (EGR) may be malfunctioning
- Ignition timing may be incorrect
- One or more worn, damaged, or fouled sparkplugs are present
- Catalytic converter is clogged, missing, or ineffective
- Malfunctioning oxygen sensor
- Internal engine parts may be malfunctioning or damaged
- Dirty or contaminated engine oil
- Clogged air filter
Some of these issues may be the result faulty sensors and some may be more money than it’s worth to fix. Talk to an experienced auto mechanic to get pricing.
What Happens If I Fail Inspection in Pennsylvania?
If you fail inspection in PA, you have 30 days to make the necessary repairs before your vehicle is due for a second inspection. If you let your inspection sticker expire, you are subject to fines and court costs. The fine for driving with an expired sticker in PA is $25 plus costs. The average ticket for this offense usually ends up being around $100. In order to help you avoid these constant legal headaches let an experienced and qualified auto mechanic help you make the necessary repairs. You don’t have to worry about constantly getting pulled over by the police.